Terms & Conditions
Use of Website
This website is owned and operated by Oceans North Limited trading as Oceans North Seafood. By using the website or by placing any order for the delivery of any product, you represent that you have read, understood, and accepted these terms and conditions, and agreed to be bound by them.
“Customer”, “you” and “your” means you and any other person who registers and/or orders any
“Oceans North Seafood”, “we” and “our” means Oceans North Limited trading as Oceans North Seafood and includes its directors, officers, employees, or agents.
- You certify that the information provided in your order is true and correct
- Your order constitutes a one-off order option.
- If you have made a mistake in your order and cannot correct it in the shopping cart, please contact us and we will correct the mistake.
Price and Payment
- The prices are per the size unit specified in the Product description and different unit sizes cannot be requested.
- All prices include GST of 15%.
- Payment will be made immediately once you have placed your order.
- You may make payment to Oceans North Seafood with Visa, Mastercard, or Debit Card and charges will appear on your credit card statement as Oceans North Seafood.
- Prices are subject to change at our discretion and may from time to time be updated on the website.
- If your credit card is declined by its financial institution or fails to process for any reason, we will decline to deliver the relevant order.
- You are liable for all costs associated with debt collection where you default in payment for any order.
- When gift vouchers are redeemed online the full value of the voucher must be used in one transaction.
- Not redeemable for cash.
- Deliveries will be made to the address stated in your order or as agreed with us in writing. Delivery instructions must be reasonable in relation to the scope of these deliveries. If there is no person to accept delivery of the order then the order will be left at the front door, or as previously instructed by you, and will be deemed to have been delivered at that point in time.
- We will be entitled to assume that any person accepting delivery of the Product(s) at the delivery address is authorised to accept delivery.
- All parcels will be left by the courier unless you request ‘Signature Required’ option whereby the courier driver will collect the signature of the person at the delivery address.
- If the ‘Signature Required’ option is requested and nobody is present at the delivery address to sign for the parcel, then CourierPost will return your parcel to their local depot and attempt to deliver the parcel the next day. Alternatively, you may elect to collect the parcel from the CourierPost depot or change the delivery address details which may be done via your emailed tracking number.
- Delivery to Rural Post addresses may take up to 48 hours from despatch. Orders placed after 9am on any Wednesday will be held over to the following week to ensure a successful delivery prior to any weekend.
- Deliveries will not be made to Post Office Boxes
- Freight costs will be added to your order and are based upon your delivery location. These are;
- $7.00 Christchurch
- $13.00 South Island
- $21.00 North Island
- ‘Signature Required’ deliveries have an additional fee of $1.
- ‘Rural Delivery’ parcels have an additional fee of $5.
- We allow pick-ups and can refund postage costs if you prefer to pick your order up.
- Oceans North Seafood has kept freight charges to a minimum (New Zealand shipping only). We reserve the right to amend our freight charges from time to time.
Ownership and Risk
- Ownership, responsibility, and risk in the ordered Product(s) shall pass to you upon delivery at the delivery address.
- If the ‘Signature Required’ option is requested and nobody is present at the delivery address to sign for the parcel then ownership, responsibility and risk is deemed to have been passed to you with the attempted delivery.
Oceans North Seafood will make every effort possible to fulfil your orders however if for any reason we are unable to supply a Product then we will contact you as soon as reasonably practical. Where a Product cannot be supplied, we will refund your money to the bank card used to purchase.
Return & Refunds
If your product arrives in a damaged or spoiled condition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible following delivery (and in any event, no later than 48 hours after the time you have received delivery). We may require photographic evidence and/or a sample of the damaged or spoiled product. If we agree that any Product was incorrectly delivered, or delivered to you in a damaged or spoiled condition then we will either refund you the value of the Product by crediting your bank card or replacing the Product where replacement is possible.
Product Storage & Handling
- Chilled Product(s) must be placed in the refrigerator upon delivery and stored at less than, or equal to, 4 degrees.
- Frozen Product(s) must be placed directly in the freezer upon delivery and stored at -18 degrees.
- We recommend thawing frozen Product(s) in the refrigerator over 24hr to produce the best quality.
- The consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“CGA”) and Fair Trading Act 1986 (“FTA”) apply with regard to any statutory warranties, conditions and other obligations imposed on Oceans North Seafood.
- You are responsible for using all necessary skill and care in handling, storage and using the Products.
Subject to any rights you may have under the CGA and FTA, the liability of Oceans North Seafood whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss, damage, or injury arising from any defect in, or non-compliance of, a Product or any other breach of Oceans North Seafood obligations under these terms and conditions will not in any event exceed an amount equivalent to the price of the relevant Product.
Oceans North Seafood will have no liability to you if we are prevented from performing any of our obligations under these terms and conditions as a result of events occurring beyond our reasonable control (including storage or unavailability of Product(s) or delay in transit).
General Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions apply to your order. Oceans North Seafood reserves the right to update or change the information contained in these terms and conditions when necessary so please read these in the future when placing your next order.
- All information on the Oceans North Seafood web site is for general use to assist users. We take all practical steps to minimize errors and provide accurate information. Oceans North Seafood will not accept any liability for any loss or damage that may be directly or indirectly from any opinions, advice, information, or representation on the Oceans North web site.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and as such have an entire Policy outlining how your personal information is collected, used and shared when you visit or make a purchase from www.oceansnorth.co.nz (the “Site”).